Professional Laser Hair Removal in New Jersey
The laser is a wavy intense light form, that can generate intense heat over the area it touches. A laser hair removal uses this technology to remove unwanted hair. Hair removed by tweezing, waxing or shaving, grows back fast, and the edges appear to sharper than before. It is annoying and tiring to go through this routine every fortnight or a month. For those who are looking for a permanent solution, the laser is the best choice.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
During a laser hair removal procedure in NJ, the machine producing laser is smoothly run over the desired area. It is a very quick process taking less than a minute for upper lip area. The laser light is absorbed by the pigment in the skin and the heat produced thereby destroys the hair follicle. Unlike procedures, it destroys the follicle itself, and therefore, the root of the problem. During the procedure, a cooling gel or cold water is applied to the skin to protect your skin. You may feel the heat and mild stinging sensation. The root being destroyed, new hair does not grow again.
However, it does not destroy every single hair in one setting and may require a few sittings, before all of them can be destroyed. Laser removal is one of the most common procedures in the United States.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Safety: A common procedure is done all over the world, done by a specialist, it hardly has any side effect, irrespective of area attempted.
- Precision: Hair is removed over small areas at a time. The laser does not affect any hair beyond the area it is applied.
- Speed: Compared to every other procedure, laser hair removal if the fastest.
- Predictability: typically almost all hair is removed in 3-7 sittings.
- Less painful: laser hair removal in NJ is least painful of all procedures attempted at home or in the clinic, including electrolysis.
- Permanent and cost effective: Long lasting and permanent in some, it saves time and money.
- Non-invasive: being a non- invasive technique, the laser hair removal in NJ, is not prone to bacterial infections.
Limitations of Laser Lair Removal
- It does not recognize hair that is white, grey, light or blonde as perfectly as it recognizes black hair.
- Candidates with pale or very dark complexion, do not get 100% results.
- It removes only actively growing hair follicles. The dormant ones may resume growth later. Hence this procedure requires 3-7 sittings. The hair that may regrow later may need some touch-up removal, every year in some candidates.
- Changes in pigmentation. Some areas may either become hyper-pigmented and in some people, the reverse may happen to lead to hypo-pigmentation.
- Side effects such as redness, mild burning or stinging sensation may be present. This can be handled by cool packs and moisturizers.
- Sometimes, blisters may occur, more commonly in people with a dark complexion.
- Scarring is possible but rare.
How Long does Laser Hair Removal Last?
The FDI has endorsed this procedure as permanent removal. It is important to understand that all follicles are not destroyed completely in a single sitting. To get best results one may require 3-7 sittings with at least 4-6 weeks’ interval. The effect is very long lasting. Any hair that grows later is fine and thin.
Laser Hair Removal Before and After
Important Considerations for Laser Hair Removal in NJ
Before the procedure
- Plan at least 6 weeks in advance.
- For 6 weeks before procedure do not attempt to remove hair by any method.
- Do not use sunscreens and photo-sensitivity causing medications and creams.
- Any skin conditions, including herpes, need to be treated completely before the procedure.
- Avoid bleaching.
After the procedure
The treated area may be warm to touch, with some redness and stinging for several hours after the procedure. Cooling pads and Aloe Vera gel offer good relief.
- Avoid scratching and picking.
- Avoid cosmetics and beauty creams.
- Avoid going out for 3-5 days.
- Avoid exposure to heat- hot tubs, sauna, steam, hot ovens.. and avoid exercise, for 3-5 days.
- Moisturize skin every day for a month.
- Use a sunscreen for next 4 weeks, when you go for walks.
Bikini Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal in NJ done in the bikini area removes the pubic hair. This is an absolutely safe and common procedure. It does not affect sensitive areas in any way. Typically requires around 15 minutes, but because of the dense hair, 9-11 sittings may be required for complete removal. It may be extended to the butt region if required. It is important to choose right lasers for this area and best done in a clinic. Avoid attempting at home.
Facial Laser Hair Removal
Women and men alike, opt for laser facial hair removal in NJ. About 50- 70 % facial hair removal is expected in 3 sittings.
- Facial hair may be embarrassing, worse for women with hormonal issues. Women seek facial hair removal for-
- Upper lip
- Side burns
Get laser facial hair removal not just to get a smooth skin texture and well-groomed appearance, but also to get rid of bumps. Bumps are painful and unsightly, caused by in growing of hair after, shaving.
- Back of the neck
- Neckline area
- Beard area
Full Body Laser Hair Removal
Some people have excessive hair growth on the body, as a familial characteristic or a hormonal change. Others might prefer for a cosmetic reason. Whole body laser hair removal in NJ covers face, underarms, bikini area, arms, legs, and back. Done over many sittings, it removes hair to a very large extent. The hair that regrows is sparse and fine, so any further procedure may be limited to certain areas like a face only.