New Jersey Hydro Liposuction Experts
Hydro liposuction or water assisted liposuction is a new liposuction modality.
Put simply, Hydro liposuction uses water jets to flush way fat cells from the connective tissue. This fatty tissue is then gently suctioned out.
In traditional liposuction methods, the surgeon inserts a cannula into the desired area and disintegrates the fat and suctions it out. In the water assisted liposuction technique, water jets are used to gently dislodge the fat without damaging it, and suctioned out.
As a result, these intact fatty tissues can be harvested and utilized for other cosmetic enhancement procedures as fillers, if the patient desires.
Are you the Right Candidate for Hydro Lipo?
Hydro lipo is usually targeted on areas that are resistant to reduction after exercise.
Some people, though they lead a very active life and are otherwise fit, have “trouble areas” that are out of proportion to the rest of the body like saggy arms or love handles. Water lipo could be an ideal procedure for them.
Hydro lipo can fix any out of place bulge anywhere in the body.
How is Hydro Lipo Performed?
Hydro liposuction is usually an outpatient procedure.
Anesthesia is necessary, and is usually intravenous or local based on the Surgeon’s discretion. General anesthesia is usually not given.
Tiny incisions are made in the area and cannula is inserted for the water jet to be sprayed. This jet dislodges the fat and is suctioned out.
Procedure time depends on the area size, but usually it takes 2-3 hours. This is much shorter than a standard liposuction procedure.
Recovery time after the hydro lipo varies, and can range from a few days to a week.
Advantages of Hydro Lipo over Traditional Liposuction
- The water jet used in the hydro lipo ensures that only fatty tissue is dislodged and avoids injury to important structures like blood vessels and nerves.
- Traditional lipo involves crushing and damaging the fat tissue, and the process often nerve or artery damage is unavoidable.
- Hydro lipo can be performed under local anesthesia, and that reduces the necessity for hospital stay and monitoring.
- Post operative recovery is much faster with hydro lipo and some patients are known to return to work within two days.
- Post surgery pain is practically nil.
- The body contour, after the procedure is much smoother and more natural looking with hydro lipo owing to the fact that fatty tissue is gently dislodged, rather than scraped away as in traditional liposuction.
What to Expect After the Hydro Lipo Procedure
- After the hydro lipo procedure, pain and swelling are usually minimal and patient is generally recommended a 24-48 hrs rest.
- Patients are instructed to wear a compression garment over the operated area and this is worn under the clothes, hence not visible.
- Since local anesthetics are used in hydro lipo the side effects are minimal and mild soreness and discomfort usually eases in a few days.
- No sutures are required and the tiny wounds heal on their own.
- Most patients resume their normal activity the next day.